28.5.16

(t)here


Yesterday I received a small package in the mail. I was awaiting it. Inside there was a map. I can’t show it here, because the location is secret. It is where the Refugio #3 is located. It is “daar”, “there”.

Refugio (Spanish for refuge, shelter, a safe place for pilgrims) is a project in which both the original makers and the participants relate to time and space. A shelter, designed and constructed by an architect, is used as a place to sleep, work, think, be, on a secret location somewhere in the Netherlands.

There has been a Refugio #1 (theme: letting go) and Refugio #2 (theme: holding onto). The third one is about Balance. Refugio #3: There …. at the place where everything falls into place. The journey into the unknown is connected with the personal search for the central things in life, the core, a search for ones’ personal motivations. It moves in-between letting go and hanging onto, in order to find answers. Searching for balance, there …. at the place where everything congregates.

I have been invited to spend a week in the Refugio. To do whatever I want to do as long as I hand in some traces of my time spent there. I don’t know what will happen but I will report here afterwards. I won’t be able to share anything with you that will give information about the location or what the Refugio #3 looks like though. You can see for yourself if you are curious. But only if you book your stay for a night there. More info (and images of Refugio #1 & #2) on this website: www.refugio.nu.

I am going there tomorrow. I will be off-line for a week, back online Monday June 6th and checking my messages for the last time tomorrow morning early. I won’t answer my phone, if you need to get in touch with me urgently you can send me a text message. Or send a carrier pigeon, I am friends with the birds, they know where to find me. Smoke signals might work as well but since I could be in any corner of the Netherlands you would have to make a huge fire somewhere central in the country and it won’t be very environmental friendly. Most things aren’t that urgent anyway. Waiting is good exercise.

No comments:

Post a Comment