7.2.15

A Facebook letter to my good friends


I thought of a dear friend tonight. She once send me poem. I thought I’d share it with you tonight, with all my good friends out there, you know who you are, and if you aren’t sure, consider it yours too.

Yesterday I read a comment on a friend’s Facebook post. It described (I quote) “the gap between the 'ordinary life' and Facebook, which is also a a 'reality' in itself, but not when the simple life knocks...”.

I don’t think there is a gap. There is only one world and there are many worlds within this one world. Sometimes they touch each other. Sometimes they overlap. Sometimes they are worlds apart.

Here is where I meet friends. Here is Facebook, here is on the street, in cafes, in living rooms. Here is real life, simple life, complicated life, virtual life.
There is only a gap if you consider it a gap. I consider it space. And in this space anything can happen.

MOON RONDEAU

"Love is a door we shall open together."
So they told each other under the moon
One evening when the smell of leaf mould
And the beginnings of roses and potatoes
Came on a wind.

Late in the hours of the evening
They looked long at the moon and called it
A silver button, a copper coin, a bronze wafer,
A plaque of gold, a vanished diadem,
A brass hat dripping from deep waters.

"People like us,
us two,
We own the moon."

-Carl Sandburg

No comments:

Post a Comment